Knowing Your Home Systems
The “lifespan” of a central air conditioner is about 15 to 20 years.
Annual maintenance can improve the efficiency and help to prolong the life span of your central air conditioning unit
- Routinely replace or clean all filters this can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption any where up to 15%.
- Check your air conditioners evaporater coils every year and clean them as needed
- If your coil fins are bent, use a “Fin Comb” to straighten them out
- Now and again pass a stiff wire through the units drain channel to prevent clogs.
- For window AC units, inspect the window seals to keep cool air from escaping.
- Hire a certified professional when you unit needs more than basic maintenance.
Dave Silva, GC
Why know your home systems? More